Our services for companies that want to strengthen their position on international markets
Consolidate the markets
Octagona assists the internationalization of companies that are already abroad and want to strengthen their position or who are looking to expand into new markets with structured internationalization projects
How to go international?
All our options
The Focus service is designed for companies who want to better understand the characteristics of a market in which they want to gradually access: the activity takes place according to the needs of the market and according to the sector / company product.
Focus helps to understand the current dynamics and future developments of the market and helps to understand what are the business possibilities and opportunities. Focus is the service suitable for the company that wants to internationalize, but who wants to know more before getting in touch with foreign markets.
These are the activities included in the service:
- collection of detailed information on the sector and on the segment of the client;
- construction of an in-depth report that will be delivered to the client’s organisation.
The company will be able to choose between:
- Complete industry focus: Provides a precise definition of the size of the industry, revenue levels, the main characteristics in terms of the key drivers of growth, competitive position, opportunities / threats (ideal for business groups or associations);
- Focus overview of the sector : It helps to understand the dynamics and general characteristics of the market;
- Focus Sub-sector: It is the complete mapping of the segment in which the company operates, in order to understand the current dynamics and future developments (analysis of potential customers, competitors, etc.).
- Product Focus: It helps to understand and verify the business opportunities of the market and the marketing of the customer’s products (product positioning analysis, pricing analysis).
All our options
The Service Partner supports the client company in the research, evaluation and development phases of the relationship with a local partner; more precisely, Partner identifies and selects local partners in a particular sector, which are able to meet the specific customer requirements.
The client may also choose the “Strategic partner” service, particularly suitable for companies that want access the market of interest through a structured partnership.
The activity is performed directly in the chosen market, with local Octagona or partner staff.
The selection is made on different sources of information and relies on the use of secondary sources, through which a first database containing the following data is processed:
- vital statistics;
- number of employees;
- organizational structure;
- production and sales units (number of units / retail outlets, geographical location, etc.);
- available technology (technological assets available, the level of technology, etc.)
- Industry references (brands produced and distributed, loyalty relationship, etc.);
- Products portfolio / services (and complementarity with the products of the Italian company).
From the general database a panel of appropriate potential partners is selected, on the basis of agreed organizational, productive and financial parameters.
All these counterparts will then be contacted with the aim of:
- identify the correct business interlocutor;
- present the project and the Italian company’s offer;
- raise the interest in the project;
- understand the willingness for an in depth meeting;
- obtain the information / parameters useful for a first evaluation.
The activities will end with the presentation of a detailed report to the company.
The client can also choose the optional accompaniment (FieldScouting), namely the organization and preparation of visits to the counterparties: the dedicated Octagona experienced staff will coordinate and organize all the activities, to build a project in line with the targets set by client company.
This service includes:
- Travel arrangements;
- Research, coordination and hotel reservation;
- Research, coordination and booking of domestic trips;
- Organization of workshops;
- Organization of company visits;
- Operational coordination with the company;
- Assistance of an Octagona consultant throughout the all mission
All our options
Legal & Set-up
The Legal and Set-up service assists companies that need legal assistance to internationalize or who want to settle in the market of interest through their own structure: specifically, it is aimed both at companies that intend to enter a market through a local presence and at companies wishing to strengthen their business in the market. All legal services performed by Octagona are in line with local legislation.
Octagona provides to the client company all the legal support and prepares the necessary documentation to work effectively in the market.
These are the activities offered by Octagona:
- Trademark registration;
- Patent registration;
- Construction J.V. Agreement (Preparation MoU and JVA);
- Preparation of shareholders’ agreements J.V
- Preparing contracts;
- Legal advice;
- Constitution Liaison Office;
- Constitution Project Office;
- Constitution Branch Office;
- Constitution Society of local Law.
All our options
Support service provides the necessary assistance for operational, administrative or expansion activities of business in the relevant market and it is aimed at companies that already operate in a foreign market and who want to expand their reach .
Support helps the company in its early post- incorporation phase, consolidating its activities in the market and strengthening its position, and
Octagona is able to assist the company in the following fields:
- audit Management;
- control and reporting management;
- activation of permits and licenses.
All our options
In addition to the operational activities of internationalization, Octagona designs and teaches courses and lectures for institutions, universities, research centers and companies that want to train their staff.
Such a service is able to:
- provide the basis of knowledge on the internationalization of enterprises;
- make an analysis of target markets based on parameters and macroeconomic variables, trade flows, barriers to entry, etc.;
- educate the sales force on the communications strategy abroad;
- build a communication plan for foreign markets;
- start the commercial development activities abroad.
These are topics / themes treated:
- Internationalization and economic and trade dynamics related to the current context;
- Implementation of operational activities related to the internationalization of companies;
- country / areas focus with specific expertise in the markets (India, Vietnam, Brazil, SAARC, ASEAN area, Mercosur area, the United States, Canada, European Union, North Africa, Turkey, Middle East, Russia and China)
- specific analysis of the sector;
- international marketing;
- analysis of the international markets;
- start-up and internationalization;
- construction of an international expansion plan;
- export management;
- International co-operation agreements;
- direct investment;
- international contracts;
- business cases.
Formation is a service for companies as educational institutions that want to enhance specific areas of expertise or that are in need of assistance in the resolution of certain issues.
All our options
My Access service is a service package “all inclusive” that guarantees to the company the enhancement of its development in a foreign market through its own resources on site.
My Access responds to the needs of companies to overcome the limitations of the agent, avoiding to build their own structure and it operates through the following activities:
- Research and Selection of Local Sales Manager (or other figure)
- hiring of the sales manager at local Octagona structure
- providing office space, meeting room and office material
- Sales Manager administrative management
- attendance control on the Sales Manager
The resource, selected together with the Italian company, will work full time on behalf of the Italian company.
The resource, which receives a training period in Italy, will carry out the following activities:
- Customers research
- Promotion of products and services of the Italian company
- meetings with customers or at the local Octagona office
- initiate and manage negotiations
- collect market information
- provide detailed report of activities
- provide to the Italian company any kind of support on the local market
The advantages are:
- direct contact with the market through an own resource
- maximum autonomy in the planning and management of local business development
- start-up costs and maintenance of a structure on its own are avoided
- reduced development costs (eg. travel from Italy, etc.)
MyAccess is designed for SMEs who plan to enter new markets and is able to get around the red tape involved in the recruitment of resources on the local market, providing a direct local presence.
All our options
The service MyAccess Light is a softer version of the service MyAccess and meets the need to overcome the limitations of the agent, while maintaining low costs.
MyAccess Light provides the client company with a resource the Octagona team (which operates in the market of interest for the company) with proven multisectoral commercial experience: the resource is responsible for promoting the company on the local market at 360 degrees.
These activities are carried out by the resource:
- Research and meet potential clients in order to obtain orders and thus increase the turnover of the customer in a particular country;
- participate in events (exhibitions) of the industry
- It allows the customer to overcome cultural barriers being native and experienced in the negotiating processes in their own country;
- to maximize results in the relevant market while reducing the time commitment and cost for the customer.
- he is a local seller who knows and is able to develop the market;
- structural costs are zero;
- personnel costs are limited;
- development costs are reduced (eg. travel from Italy, etc.)
Octagona ensures the reliability and commitment of the local resource, since it is part of their team.
All our options
Innovative Business Hub
Octagona, in collaboration with Pietro Paolo Alessandrello and Marco Zolli, created a new division called Innovative Business Hub, which is formed of a group of experts with a ten-year experience in processes of internationalization with Italian enterprises.
Specifically, it’s a “work-for-equity model” addressed to companies that aim to launch a start-up process abroad. This model is chronologically structured through the following activities:
- Octagona defines the best path of growth on a foreign market;
- Octagona assists companies in their international projects;
- Octagona takes a stake in the local start-up, without any fee for provided services .
It’s an absolutely innovative scheme through which Octagona aims to encourage and support the development and growth of start-ups abroad.
IBH assists start-ups in their internationalization projects through the implementation of:
- Management of the start-up of the project;
- Creation of Detailed Business Plans;
- Market analysis;
- Research of partners;
- Identification of operational sites;
- Identification of sales/distribution lines;
- Identification of solutions of particular issues (eg. Logistics or customs’ problems);
- Temporary Management on the specific market;
- Constitution and management of the company on site;
- Analysis and Legal assistance;
- Analysis and Financial assistance;